Originally constructed in 1953, the original structure is two (2) stories plus basement totaling approximately 11,400 square feet, constructed with masonry exterior and interior partitions, steel structural frame with steel bar joist & concrete floors, and a wood framed hip roof structure with slate roofing. The Library was expanded in 1964 by the addition of a contiguous two (2) stories plus basement structure totaling approximately 21,308 square feet, constructed with masonry exterior and interior partitions, steel structural frame with steel bar joist & concrete floors and flat roof deck with built-up roofing. In 1987, a small 475 square feet addition was constructed including an elevator, machine room and grade level elevator lobby. Minor interior remodeling was also performed at this time including remodeling in the lower level toilet rooms to create handicapped toilet stalls. The New Building Program calls for 33,183 square feet of space to be Rehabilitated and 1,400 square feet to be added as an Addition to the Existing Multi-story Union Public Library. These spaces will provide for an ideal setting for a properly functioning Library.